Application deadline: 25/02/2022
Status: Part time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2 - The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
Languages: Fluent in French
- Interpretation for beneficiaries and staff during registrations in integration courses and support in-vivo / e-learning classes
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally appropriate manner during informative sessions, registrations, and/or outdoor activities
- Provides written translation of documents from Greek to French or vice versa
- In coordination with other team colleagues, participates in outdoor activities
- In coordination with other team colleagues, ensures that all beneficiaries feel comfortable and safe to share their concerns freely
- Respects the code of conduct of the organization, with emphasis on confidentiality
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned by the respective Coordinator/Team Leader
Required qualifications and skills
- Excellent command of French
- Excellent command of Greek and/or English
- High professional ethics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with children of all ages, background, and diversity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in multi-ethnic environment
- Strong team player
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments
- Field work experience e.g., in camps or temporary settlements
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: email@example.com by 25/02/2022 mentioning in the email subject “French Interpreter Omnes Kilkis0222”.
Due to the urgency of the recruitment, Omnes reserves the right to complete the process once the appropriate candidate has been identified.
After the evaluation of the applications, only the candidates who will be invited for an interview will be informed.
OMNES is a partner of SolidarityNow in the framework of the HELIOS project, implemented by the International Organization for Migration (IOM Greece) and funded through the co-financed part of the Public Investment Programme of the Ministry of Migration and Asylum.