The main goal is to achieve fluency in oral communication for beginners (mostly in order to facilitate access to the labor market) in a short period of time, and to certify proficiency in Greek through the Centre for the Greek Language exams at an advanced level. In order to be effective the curriculum includes a variety of alternative yet efficient teaching tools like cultural orientation sessions, visits to museums, as well as intercultural activities and simulation exercises concerning the local consuming habits.
The Greek teacher will be responsible for the implementation of the Education program for refugees. Furthermore, the teacher will ensure that all education activities are of high quality.
- Planning and realization of educational activities based on age, education background and individual needs of PoCs.
- Formation of educational groups and development of a schedule.
- Ensuring that relevant project data (attendance lists, lesson plans) is accurately collected and updated on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Provision of information and advice to beneficiaries on existing education programs.
- Contributing to the reinforcement of existing communication with PoCs.
- Collaboration with cultural mediators and other staff members, in order to design and implement relevant education activities as well as life skills projects.
- At least three years of experience in education and teaching. Prior teaching experience with non-Greek speaking students is an asset.
- University degree in education or related field required.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Greek skills are required.
- Effective classroom management skills, excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities.
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principles.
Those interested can send their CV, until 09/02/2020, to: email@example.com with subject «GLT0220».