Duties and Responsibilities
As a part of a small but dynamic team, the Driver will carry out the following activities:
- Provides transport to Omnes’ project or programme staff, associates, partners, guests, visitors and beneficiaries with the organization’s designated cars;
- Drives Omnes vehicles to/from authorized destinations upon request and according to the information received;
- Carries out maintenance, oversees safety and security for vehicles and ensures the vehicles are in good working order (incl. check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.);
- Performs minor repairs, arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Completes the vehicle log correctly (incl. official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing) and conscientiously in accordance with standards;
- Reports to the supervisor regarding any issue relative to the vehicles such as fuel consumption, need for service/and or repairs;
- Provides travel and transport arrangements as planned by the supervisors;
- Takes account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations;
- Performs other duties indicated by the supervisor such as errands for the project, programme or office and help with transporting goods;
- Demonstrates flexibility regarding working hours and traveling to the field of operations.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- At least 3 years of similar experience proven by relevant references;
- Secondary Education Certificate (or an equivalent technical or commercial school certificate);
- Valid driving license for Category D vehicles;
- Previous experience of working in the NGO sector with non-governmental organizations or other international agencies;
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment and being part of a diverse team, demonstrating cultural sensitivity and applying solidarity in action;
- High level class driving experience including a very good knowledge of Kilkis/Thessaloniki roads network;
- Able to perform basic repairs and maintenance work;
- Proactive, honest, integral, kind and cooperative.
Good knowledge of English is a strong advantage.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15/2/2020, mentioning in the email subject “Driver_Omnes20”. If you speak one of the languages referred in the desired qualifications section, please indicate this too at the subject of your email e.g.