Application deadline: 17/02/2022
Job Description: The Finance Officer performs reporting and budgeting activities, accounts receivable and grants administration. He/she will be responsible for project reporting and project expenditure. He/she works closely with program leaders and their staff.
Status: Full time
Child Safeguarding Policy
The job holder does not have contact with children
- Monitor closely the Grant Contract Requirements and Donors’ Templates
- Support organization-wide donors’ budgeting and financial reporting through review of donor financial documents for accuracy, adherence to budgeting best practices, and indirect recovery
- Provide info & revisions to the Omnes procedures & manuals
- Prepare the Financial Reports & Documentation
- Analyze and explain variances between forecasts, budget, and actual spent or/and unspent amounts
- Communicate clearly with the program and operations team on the plant’s performance
- Demonstrate understanding of source documentation, research variances, and propose corrections
- Coordinate and participate in various auditing related activities to ensure proper controls and compliance with Omnes policies
- Coordinate Inventory Reporting for assets
- Keep the register of fixed assets
- Support response to finance-related donors’ queries
- Work with the department to prepare and manage the annual operating reporting
- Submit Financial Reporting documentation whenever is requested by Project Guidelines
- Assist to the Bookkeeping of expenses and bank transactions
- Performs checks in contracts connected to program and projects
- Trains and informs existing and new staff on procedures, making sure that they are understood and adhered to according to each donor’s requirements, also keeping everyone updated on any changes to these.
- At least University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field (Master’s degree will be considered as an asset)
- 5-7 years of work experience in a Finance role;
- Experience of at an NGO and/or European Programs, budgeting and reporting
- Excellent communication skills as the role demands extensive interaction with other departments and people of all levels
- Good knowledge of latest Accounting Policies and Standards and associated regulatory issues and trends and double entry bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of Accounting Software packages (knowledge of Entersoft Accounting Software would be an asset)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines
- Strong language skills (both written and oral) in Greek and English
- Professional attitude towards work
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 17/02/2022 mentioning in the email subject “Finance Officer Omnes Kilkis0222”.
Due to the urgency of the recruitment, Omnes reserves the right to complete the process once the appropriate candidate has been identified.
After the evaluation of the applications, only the candidates who will be invited for an interview will be informed.
OMNES is a partner of SolidarityNow in the framework of the HELIOS project, implemented by the International Organization for Migration (IOM Greece) and funded through the co-financed part of the Public Investment Programme of the Ministry of Migration and Asylum