Duties and Responsibilities
As a part of a small but dynamic team, the Driver will carry out the following activities:
- Provides transport to Omnes’ project or programme staff, associates, partners, guests, visitors and beneficiaries with the organization’s designated cars
- Drives Omnes vehicles to/from authorized destinations upon request and according to the information received
- Carries out maintenance, oversees safety and security for vehicles and ensures the vehicles are in good working order (incl. check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.)
- Performs minor repairs, arranges for other repairs, and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean
- Completes the vehicle log correctly (incl. official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing) and conscientiously in accordance with standards
- Reports to the supervisor regarding any issue relative to the vehicles such as fuel consumption, need for service/and or repairs
- Provides travel and transport arrangements as planned by the supervisors
- Takes account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations
- Performs other duties indicated by the supervisor such as errands for the project, programme or office and help with transporting goods
- Demonstrates flexibility regarding working hours and traveling to the field of operations
Qualifications, skills and experience
- At least 3 years of similar experience proven by relevant references
- Secondary Education Certificate (or an equivalent technical or commercial school certificate)
- Valid driving license for Category D vehicles and P.E.I.
- Previous experience of working in the NGO sector with non-governmental organizations or other international agencies
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment and being part of a diverse team, demonstrating cultural sensitivity and applying solidarity in action
- High level class driving experience including a particularly good knowledge of Kilkis/Thessaloniki roads network
- Able to perform basic repairs and maintenance work
- Proactive, honest, integral, kind, and cooperative
Good knowledge of English is a strong advantage.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and reference letters until 15/02/2021 to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Driver_Omnes21”.