Application deadline: 11/03/2022
Job title: Education Officer (Greek Language Adults Teacher)
Status: 6 hours work per day
- Implement Greek language classes per the refugee population needs
- Guide students through diverse online learning experiences (i.e. offer synchronous classes, one-to-one sessions, technical support to students)
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of teenagers 16+ and adults
- Provide homework support for teenagers 16+ who attend formal education
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans and lesson plans
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support education, recreational and various activities
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate access to available aid
- Undertakes any other educational tasks requested by the ILC Coordinator and the M&E Officer
- Excellent Greek and English and preferably Arabic
- Degree – Bachelor’s degree in Education or Greek (Certification by EOPPEP is desirable)
- Experience in teaching Greek as a foreign language
- Knowledge of how-to video communications platform such as Skype/Webex/Zoom/Jitsi
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural communities
- Experience in engaging with parents and communities to improve attendance and address students’ needs
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer & digital skills
- stable internet connection
- Minimum upload speed of 2 MBPS
- Minimum download speed of 8 MBPS
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/03/2022 mentioning in the email subject “Educator Omnes Kilkis0222”.
Due to the urgency of the recruitment, Omnes reserves the right to complete the process once the appropriate candidate has been identified.
After the evaluation of the applications, only the candidates who will be invited for an interview will be informed.
OMNES is a partner of SolidarityNow in the framework of the HELIOS project, implemented by the International Organization for Migration (IOM Greece) and funded through the co-financed part of the Public Investment Programme of the Ministry of Migration and Asylum.