January 29, 2020
The CFS Facilitator provides educational activities and creative engagement of children beneficiaries of the Integration Learning Centers under the guidance and instructions of the Integration Learning Center Coordinator. The CFS Facilitator must cultivate an atmosphere of respect and appreciation among children and respect the skills and cultural background of each. He/ She should promote fair play, collaboration and critical thinking. He/She is finally responsible for the supervision of the space in which he/she performs his/her duties during working hours. The job holder will have regular contact with children
Position within the Organization:
Reports to: ILC Coordinator
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the Child Friendly Space
- Ensure a variety of games and activities within the Child Friendly Space, catering to the needs of children of different ages, genders, and abilities
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the Child Friendly Space and surrounding areas
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around the Child Friendly Space
- Ensure activities consistent with programme guidelines
- University Degree in Social Sciences (i.e., Education, Psychology, Social Work etc)
- At least one (1) year experience in working with migrant/refugee children
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi will be highly appreciated.
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com , until 16/02/2020 mentioning in the email subject “Child Friendly Space Facilitator_Omnes20”.